The Herald of Omsk University publishes original research papers, that contain significant research, surveys, and information about scientific conferences. Applications-oriented papers may also be accepted.
Research areas in which the expert evaluation of manuscripts is carried out by the journal’s reviewers are: 01.01.00 Mathematics; 01.04.00 Physics; 02.00.00 Chemistry; and 09.00.00 Philosophy.
The publication of papers in the journal is free of charge.
The manuscript submission and peer review process breaks down as follows:
1. The Author submits a manuscript, indicating the section of "Herald of Omsk University" (mathematics, physics, chemistry, or philosophy) that the work fits.
2. The Editor-in-Chief assigns a Section Editor, and transports the manuscript to him.
3. The Section Editor assigns an Associate Editor to act as Review Editor for the manuscript.
4. The Associate Editor selects Referees to review and report on the manuscript, and contacts with the author.
5. The Referees review the manuscript and write corresponding reports.
6. The Associate Editor makes a decision, that he agrees with the Section Editor.
7. The Editor-in-Chief makes a final decision and informs the author about this decision.