Russian as a Foreign Language
- Sonya, when did you graduate fr om the master’s programme ‘Russian as a foreign language’?
- This year in June.
- Wh ere have you worked / studied before? Do you work/study now, in what position?
- My first education was in the field of Journalism, and I immediately started working on television. But then, since I was always attracted to teaching, I decided to apply for the master’s programme ‘Russian as a foreign language’. And now I successfully combine work on television and work in the language school at Omsk State University. I teach Russian to international students, introduce Russian culture to them.
- What skillsets gained during your master’s studies turned out to be significant for professional activity?
- I deepened my knowledge about the system and structure of my mother tongue while doing my Master’s Degree on teaching Russian as a foreign language. Information about modern methods of teaching the language and about gaming technologies was also very useful.
- Sonya, please, note some important teaching techniques of your professors on the programme that are personally important to you, how do professors interact with students, how much are they interested in the success of students?
- In the learning process, I really liked a lot of practice, also students always have the opportunity to undergo an internship abroad, for example, in China or Mexico, and professors also pay a lot of attention to individual consultations, in addition to lectures and seminars. Moreover, they always help students in their scientific activity.
- What opportunities do you see for scientific and professional growth?
- Of course, I would like to work in some university abroad.